Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wakey-Wakey

(that's how Chiara, our tour guide, woke us when we fell asleep on the bus on the train). I've been sleeping pretty good since we've been home (w/ the help of a sleeping pill each night but it's really helped me get back on track -- no jet lag).
Yesterday I unpacked my suitcase and did a few things around the house. I tried to take a little nappy in the afternoon but the phone rang a couple of times and the doorbell rang. Debbie called yesterday afternoon and invited me to walk w/ her around the track while the boys were at All-star practice. I lost 7 lbs. in Europe and would like to keep them off! After practice Chris & I took the girls to Sal's for a bite to eat.

Today KJ gets her veneer on the tooth she broke at the beach during spring break. Have you ever seen the movie "Dennis the Menance" w/ Walter Matthau and the scene where Dennis accidentally breaks Mr. Wilson's dentures so he replaces the teeth w/ chicklets gum ? He then gets his picture taken for the garden club and when he smiles he has these HUGE 2 front bucky-beaver teeth??? Well, I'm afraid that's what KJ's gonna look like! ha! ha!

T-bone got her first driving lesson last night (much to her father's dismay). After my evening walk at the school, T jokingly asked if she could drive. The parking lot was basically empty so I said sure. She put my car in reverse, backed out of the parking spot, drove around the parking lot, parked the car, got out and we switched seats. We met Chris at the Italian restaurant and she couldn't wait to tell him. He wasn't very happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor kj and her teeth. :( funny you should mention t driving, i've been thinking kate should start a litte driving, just a little bit. next year they'll be getting permits. can't wait to see you and talk about your trip! way to go on the 7lbs!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved