Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day One: Color me Un-impressed




Day One of our new administration and so far and I'm not impressed. So much talk and emphasis has been placed on Mrs. Obama's outfit for the swearing in and her inaugural gown. She looked lovely. That's it. Lovely. I wouldn't use adjectives like "hope or change" when I describe her looks yesterday. She looked lovely, nothing more. I'm not being a hater but I saw a jacket dress yesterday and a ball gown last night. I didn't see "a ray of sunshine" or a "beacon of hope" or anything else. Let's not over-analyze folks. She woke up in the morning and got dressed like the rest of us. The Today show has spent hours this morning discussing Mrs. Obama's decision to go w/ a young, undiscovered designer and how that's indicative of what type of First Lady she's going to be. blah, blah, blah. She looked lovely. That's it. Oh, and BTW, pick a freakin' dog already.
I also did NOT appreciate certain points of Mr. Obama's inauguration speech. I found it tacky, rude and disrespectful for him to bash the prior administration while Mr. Bush was sitting a mere few feet away. Tracy Lev & I had this conversation the other night: I'm very, very disappointed in the "experts" and plain ol' folks that say GW will have one of the worst presidential legacies. These last 8 years were not easy =I would NOT have wanted to be in charge on 9/11 and the days that followed. I think GW was goofy as all get out but that made me respect him even more. He just always appeared approachable. As as good president should be. He (or someday "she") needs to be in touch w/ the citizens of this country. I loved it when he posed w/ the cadets graduating, the volleyball gals at the Olympics, etc. Good lord, the man has the weight of the free world on his shoulders, he needs to cut loose every once in a while. I loved seeing him w/ his daughters and I loved his relationship w/ his wife. She's so classy and elegant and maintained her composure at all times. Not a hint of scandal w/ Laura Bush, nothing controversial about her. She didn't have a hidden agenda like Hilary Clinton (i.e, her medical plan and later her own political aspirations). Laura Bush was simply there to support her husband.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved