Friday, June 19, 2009

More John & Kate Crap

Apparently Kate has been photographed and videotaped spanking one of her children outside their home in PA. Some reports say that she called the police to complain about paparazzi outside their home. Other reports are saying that the paparazzi called the police to report the spanking incident. In any event, apparently Leah was loudly blowing on a whistle outside while Kate was on her cell phone and told Leah not to do it again. Hence the spanking.

The woman has clearly lost control. I'm not about to get into a spanking debate on my blog but if anyone in that family is going to get spanked, it should be bratty Maddy. Kate's recent behavior only supports my theory that this woman should not be writing books or giving parenting advice as a living.


Check out the "before & after" pics above. You can NOT tell me this woman has not enjoyed the fame and publicity the show has brought her. She has had a total and complete makeover -- tummy tuck, recent breast implants, teeth whitening, etc. and she seems to spend an awful lot of time on her cell phone in the last several episodes I've watched -- the one where she takes bratty Maddy to San Diego, the OCC episode(s), etc.

Having said all this, I am still "hooked" on the show. One part of me enjoys watching the trainwreck that is the Gosselin family. The other part of me really likes the little kids and it has been nice watching them grow-up. I actually feel that the show doesn't show the kids as much as it should. The show, the last couple of seasons, seems to be all about the 2 moronic parents and has become one great big commercial for various TLC shows and products and sponsors (Oprah, Seaworld, American Girl, LegoLand, etc.). This family has gotten more free trips and perks and has become fairly unrealistic. I also LOVE it when Kate goes on talk shows and says she has no help with the children. I remember a few episodes when the kids were younger and they had a day nurse, a night nurse and some old lady sat on their couch and folded all their laundry. She's also had several "nannies" or "mother's helpers" on the show who have travelled with them on their various trips but their faces are blurred out on the show so they must not count. And since when does she need a body guard?
Listed below is a list of freebies and perks that the family has rec'd over the years (I found it on another blog so I cannot guarantee it's accuracy):
- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for “Going Green” episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids): $710
- Trip to Florida Key’s for Jon’s 30th birthday
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park: $309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm: $1,395.00
-Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo: $104.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World: $654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home : $5,550-$6,350
- Violin: $100-$300
- Old house re-carperted
-Crayola Factory Tour: $90.00
-Teeth Whitening (for Jon & Kate): $1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
-Hair plugs (Jon): $5,200 (average cost)
-Sesame Street Place tickets: $509.50
-Day with Thomas the Tank Engine: $180.00
-Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
-Sight & Sound Christian theatre tickets: $236.00
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-San Diego Zoo tickets: $278.00
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.
-2 purebred German Shepherd puppies: $1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets: $150.00
- Giants grocery store: $5,000 in gift cards and a year’s supply of diapers
This list does not include Emeril's recent vist to their house to cook for them, their one-on-one with the Harlem Globtrotters, John's custom OCC chopper AND her pink scooter, and her birthday show with Duff from Ace of Cakes.
So, now the world waits for Monday's show and John & Kate's big "announcement" that TLC has been teasing us with the last few days. Hmmm....what could it be? A divorce? A comment regarding the spanking incident? End of the show?

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved