Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet 16 and Stuff


I am now the proud parent of a beautiful 16 year old daughter. I can not believe it. I swear it feels like yesterday Cosmo & I found out we were pregnant. T's dinner party was a huge success (I don't have too many photos to post just yet....my laptop isn't charging up correctly and I saved all my photos on it right before it died). The food was wonderful and the decor was amazing if I do say so myself (black & white damask w/ green apple accents and tons and tons of candles)! A couple of T's sweet friends asked if I would decorate their next b-day parties and our neighbor Molly was totally blown away. She said, "Mrs. V, I was expecting some balloons and a happy birthday banner. Not this!" T said the best part of the whole night was having all of her friends -- her dance team friends, her neighborhood friends, her lacrosse friends, her dance studio friends -- get to know each other better. They had such a good time, they all went out afterwards!
T turned 16 last Thursday and Friday morning her dad took her to get her license. After she passed the test she dropped him off at his office and took the car for the day. She picked up KJ and Devon for lunch and went to the pool for a bit before bringing Cosmo home and basically, we've barely seen her since then.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved