Sunday, September 26, 2010

B-day Weekend





Having a good birthday weekend. Today is a rainy dreary Sunday (my FAVORITE). The house is quiet so I thought I'd catch up on my blogging. Cosmo and KJ are running some errands and I started to get out my fall decorations and wash some of my stemware. I've got the table set for the most part; just need to finish decorating the house.
Friday Cosmo & the girls sent me a beautiful flower arrangement at work....it's beautiful orange and yellow roses, lots of rusty color lillies, some leaves, some raffia. Totally me. Have I mentioned I love the fall and it's my favorite time of year??? The girls at the office also surprised me with a little gathering after lunch. We had a delicious cookie cake and some apples and caramel.

The girls were supposed to have lax fall ball today but it was cancelled because of the rain. So, T met up with E and the were heading to the mall to help him pick out a tie for homecoming (the big thing down here is the guys are supposed to match their ties to the girls' dresses). T's dress is such an unusual color and it's going to be hard to find something to match it. We cut out a little swatch from up underneath where no one could see and hopefully they'll be able to find something to match it.

KJ had two volleyball games yesterday and we had tickets for the 8 PM Legally Blonde @ the BJCC. We had dinner at 26 (my favorite new restaurant!) and the girls are obsessed with the bathrooms there. Yeah, the bathrooms are pretty cool. The show was SO much fun and we laughed and laughed. But now I have that "Oh my God! Oh my God You Guys" song stuck in my head.

Friday the Bucs played Gadsen City and it was the first time this season the Bucs have been scored on. My friend had an extra ticket to the "patio party" and we had a nice dinner prior to kick-off. In all the years we've lived here, I've never been to one of those events and it was fun. Immediately following the game the Buccanettes and members of the performing arts department filmed a commercial for a Wii game produced by MTV. The new game, Just Dance 2, will be released in October. If I'm understanding it correctly, there are two or three other schools up for consideration as well. It was a lot of fun and the kids did a good job. MTV also gave each kid a t-shirt and a Just Dance game.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved