Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Scariest week of my life

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." -- Jane Howard

So Christmas Eve is finally here! I've already got my breakfast casserole made so I can pop it iin the oven tomorrow morning while we open presents. Tonight's dinner is shrimp scampi and tomorrow we will have a spiral ham. KJ & I plan to make snickerdoodles today, red velvet cupcakes and Muddy Buddies. I still have some present to wrap but all of my Christmas cards are out. I haven't mailed my brother's family presents yet or my friend Lisa. I feel bad but I think they will understand.
Spent last week in FL and it certainly wasn't a pleasure trip. My dad had a heart attack, or, I should say a series of heart attacks late Saturday night/early Sunday morning and my brother and I were able to rush down there Sunday afternoon while he was still in surgery. Not gonna lie. It was rough. Don't want to bore everyone with the details but he did have emergency double by-pass surgery and came thru with flying colors! The staff at the hospital was amazing and my mom & dad's snowbird Florida friends were incredible.
So, we have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas and I'm looking foward to being with my family. I wish my folks could be here too but given the circumstances, I'm glad they are in Florida!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved