Friday, February 10, 2012

A little lax. A little dance. A little vball.

Busy, Busy weekend coming up. Ordinarily it wouldn't bother me but I have a horrible head cold and just want to curl up on the couch w/a cup of hot chocolate, a heating pad, a stack of movies and some NyQuil.


Lax season is officially upon us. Tonight is our 6th? 7th? Annual Lacrosse Auction. Always a lot of fun! We used to have it the night before the very first practice of the season and it was a great opportunity for the parents to meet the coaches and vice versa. Time slipped away from us this year so we are having the Auction before the first game of the season. Saturday the boys are playing on the turf at the high school which is always awesome! It really makes a big difference to the boys when they can play on their high school field. It's a major sense of pride to play on that turf field and out of town teams always, always, always are curious to see where Two-A-Days was filmed. Coach is super SUPER proud of this year's seniors. Last year was kind of rough w/ only 1 senior on the team and B had a lot going on. A Coach always looks to his more experiened players to set an example for the younger kids and this year's group of boys have really stepped up to the plate and taken on a leadership position. Coach said the other night as he was wrapping things up some of the senior boys asked if they could have a few minutes. They asked everyone to order a couple of t-shirts and polo shirts so that they could all wear them on game day as a team. I thought that was pretty cool. I think this group of boys wants to go out w/ a bang and get back their state championship trophy.


KJ has a local volleyball tournament this weekend. Very glad we don't have to drive far or deal with a hotel room this weekend (when I don't feel good, I just want to sleep in my own bed). Her little team is so good and she really likes all the girls. Her two coaches are tough but KJ needs that kind of discipline.


T had her last high school Pep Rally ever. So sad. I can NOT believe how fast senior year has gone by. Every year we've had to attend a mandatory parent dance meeting if your daughter was interested in trying out for Bnettes. It was so weird this year not having to attend. Aaahhh, one of the perks having a senior! She's got lax practice Saturday morning and is going to try to make some of KJ's games before she has to head out to a charity event with the dance team. That first day is always pool play so depending on how KJ's games go, I may or may not be able to make T's exhibition. If the stars and the planets and the moon align correctly, I may even be able to catch some lax. I've been dying to photograph a lax game w/ my new camera but I'm not worried. I know I will have a LOT of opportunities to catch some games. A LOT. More than I care to think about.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved