Friday, November 15, 2013

Happies & Crappies

Don't forget to link-up with http://www.thevintagemodernwife.com/
and http://www.thevintagemodernwife.com/ each week!
The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up
 
It's been a quick week in the Cos household!  Can't believe it's Friday already!  Whoop!  Whoop!  No major plans for the weekend but KJ has a b-day party on Saturday and I think on Sunday we might go see "The Book Thief."  Cosmo has also talked about going to the Caps game Sunday night so who knows!
 
Happies
  • KJ had half-days on Monday and Tuesday which was nice.  Monday I picked her up in the carpool line and got her some Starbucks as a treat.  I don't drink coffee so I ran thru the Dunkin' Donuts line and got a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.  Oh.  My.  God.  Heaven in my mouth.  I got a small but will be getting larges or extra-larges in the future.  Wow. 
  • KJ made the travel volleyball team!  Whoop!  Whoop!  Let the Spring insanity begin!
  • Just a couple more days until I fly to MS to see T!  Whoop!  Whoop!
  • KJ brought home an incredible report card.  Best report card she's ever had!  Very, very proud of her!  I've said it before but I'll say it again . . . She LOVES her new school and is just flourishing!
  • I got a haircut yesterday.  Kind of scary going to someone new after going to Jeffrey for almost 15 but I liked the new salon. 
  • I'm making a dent in my Christmas shopping!  Thank you Etsy!  Whoop!  Whoop!
 
Crappies
  • The weather has been so weird.  Tuesday and Wednesday were very cold, Thursday was gorgeous and I had my sun roof open while running my errands.
  • I don't like when people start decorating for Christmas in mid-November and totally by-pass Thanksgiving (I know a couple people who had their houses completely decked out for Christmas by November 10).  And I don't like that stores are opening earlier and earlier to capitalize on Black Friday sales.  Black Friday is bad enough, then stores started opening at mid-night and now some stores are opening on Thanksgiving night.  We need to just slow down.   I like my house decorated as much as the next person.  I love the holidays and don't mean to come across as a Scrooge but we put too much pressure on ourselves to live a perfect, Instagrammed, Pinterest-worthy life.  Let it go.  You're not Martha Stewart who has dozens of minions doing her bidding.  Focus on your family and friends and the rest will fall into place.  Thank you.  I'll get off my soap-box now. 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved