Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Post Holiday

The holidays are over and life is getting back to normal.  The relatives have gone home, the kids are back at school and regular TV programming has resumed.


I've started watching "The Curse of Oak Island" on the History Channel.    http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island  As we all know, I'm a big history geek and love shows like this that force us to look at the unexplained, the other side of things.  The possibilities.  We're two episodes in already and, unfortunately, I'm getting a little frustrated.  They haven't really come up with new evidence as to the mystery of Oak Island and I feel like I've seen all of this information before on an episode of "America Unearthed" or that show from the 70's with Leonard Nimoy. 


I've been watching "Reign" on the CW.  I think it comes back on a little later in the month.  It's the story of Mary Stuart (AKA Mary Queen of Scots) and is kind of a Gossip Girl meets The Other Boleyn Girl and I'm probably about 30 years old to be watching it but it's fun and campy and not very historically accurate which really doesn't bother me.  I get my history fix from other sources. 
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/reign


This week "Blacklist" returned to NBC.  I made Cosmo sit down and watch it with me and he really, really liked it.  James Spader is awesome in the role of "Red" Reddington.  http://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist/


I also started watching "Intelligence" with Josh Holloway and the red-headed actress from CSI, Marg Helgenberger).  http://www.cbs.com/shows/intelligence/  He's got a computer chip in his head and is basically a walking, talking, living and breathing Internet.


Tonight is "Nashville" night!  http://abc.go.com/shows/nashville  I really enjoy this show which is very weird because I do not like country music.  At all.  But I love Connie Britton's character and Hayden Panettiere is also great as Juliette Barnes.  She's kind of an ingénue in public but a bitch behind the scenes. 


While I do enjoy a good TV series, I also like to relax with a good book.  I'm currently reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  The book is long.  756 pages on my Nook.  I'm on page 242 right now and to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm enjoying this book.  Maybe I just had very high expectations and am a little let down??  IDK but I'll see it through to the end. 
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/books/review/donna-tartts-goldfinch.html?_r=0







No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved