Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Peeps

So nice to have all of my peeps home for Easter!  And, oddly enough, I didn't have any of my favorite Easter candy.  So not like me!!!

T flew in late Thursday night and Friday Cosmo and the girls spent the day at Kings Dominion.  Saturday we had a nice, leisurely day walking around DC and Georgetown.  It was such a beautiful day we decided not to waste the sunshine by going to an indoor museum.  We just strolled and people watched and walked and talked.  We love to park at the Capital and walk down one side of the Mall and back up the other.  T said the pea gravel and wide Mall reminded her of our trip to Paris with it's wide boulevards and le Jardin des Tuileries.  Made my heart so happy to hear that!  Lots of families picnicking on the mall, lots of kite flying, some flag football games going on and even some adult kickball games.  We had a fun, late lunch at Thunder Burger in Georgetown:  http://www.thunderburger.com/index1.html and did some shopping.  Georgetown was hopping and I always love the vibe.  Saturday night T finally got to taste the wonderful goodness that is Jimmie Cone.

T had to fly out super early Sunday morning but on her way back to Oxford from Memphis she had a nice little visit with her cousin and his family.  They are military and are in the process of transitioning from New Orleans to Memphis.  T is SO excited to have some family nearby!

Sunday Cosmo's niece and her husband joined us for Easter Dinner.  I had only met Matt once and hadn't see Kristen since another niece's wedding in 2009!  We had a nice time catching up and hope to see more of them!

My folks arrive tomorrow and will be here through the weekend.  My mom wants to go to the Franciscan Monastery http://www.myfranciscan.org/ while they're here and my dad wants to go to the Air and Space Museum http://airandspace.si.edu/  My parents are used to high 80's coming from Florida and my mom wanted to know if we had opened our pool yet.  Ummmmm......

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved