Monday, August 28, 2017

Back-to-School

Today was KJ's "last first day of high school!" Can not believe that little nugget is a high school senior!  She's excited to finally be a big bad senior.  Despite moving once in middle school and once in high school, she actually has enough credits to graduate in December.  She thought about starting some college classes in the spring but we told her not to rush, she has plenty of time for "adulting".

Operation Recuperation is going incredibly well. Excellent in fact. I had my hysterectomy on Friday, July 21 and by Sunday I was 100% back to normal. I was very lucky my doctor was able to get everything via laparoscopic and all those fibroids were in my uterus which made removal easier.  I'm not going to lie, Friday night was kinda rough (because I hate being on pain meds, I don't take advantage of the drip) and I laid in bed trying to sleep but kept thinking "oh snap!! Are the next 4-6 weeks going to be this awful??"  Thankfully, no. I didn't sleep at all Friday night and was up early Saturday walking around. I was released Saturday afternoon and took it easy when I got home.  I am so incredibly blessed to have an amazing husband who takes exceptional care of me!!  Poor thing has had to take care of me after 2 c-sections, gallbladder surgery, etc.  He's really wonderful. 

So basically I've just been chilling the last couple of weeks. Its been both very hot and very rainy so I do try to get out of the house when I can now that I have to okay to drive.  A couple of weekends ago we went to the Perot Museum to escape the heat and saw an awesome 3-D movie about dinosaurs.  Afterward we had a wonderful lunch at the Rustic (which was also seen on the most recent episode of #RHOD). Last weekend was the annual hot air balloon festival in the park by our house. We walked over Friday night to watch the "glow up" and went back early Saturday morning for a pancake breakfast and watch the balloons take off. Yesterday Cosmo and I walked around Grapevine Mills and did a little shopping.  He's had to travel a bit the last two weeks so he's glad to be home and just relax.  We also went to the Star in Frisco to watch the MLL championship game. Holy cow.  Jerry Jones doesn't do anything half-assed. The facility is gorgeous and we had a nice dinner at one of the restaurants in the new complex.

Between fall lax, our birthdays, our anniversary, our cruise and some other plans, we're going to have a very busy Fall.  I think we're planning a trip in November to meet up with friends for an Ole Miss game so that will be fun.  I don't think we have any major plans for Thanksgiving and we're toying with the idea of having Christmas in Birmingham with T. She has some tentative plans to go to Europe for New Year's so it doesn't make sense for her to drive here. The girl does not sit still. I swear she has ants in her pants. They drove up to Kentucky for a long weekend of hiking and to view the eclipse in its totality. She said it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen. This weekend she's flying to NYC to spend Labor Day weekend with friends.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved