Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Out Like a Lion

“In like a lion, out like a lamb” has always seemed a straightforward enough proverb: when March starts, it's still winter, and by the end of the month spring has begun. 


March is behind us and honestly, I couldn't be happier.  Holy cow what a rough month!  We started off the month removing the bathroom carpet and having tile and hardwoods installed.  Yes, you read that correctly.  We had carpet in our bathrooms.  All three of them.  Obviously, we hated it when we bought the house but we put off removing it until the last chick flew the coop.  It looks amazing!  We did tile in the two full baths and extended the hardwood into the half bath. 

And then we spent Spring Break in Colorado.  Our trip was filled with mountains, wildlife, vandalized Cadillacs, Cadets, snow, board games and some (alleged) ghosts. 

After Spring Break we had to cut down the big beautiful tree in our backyard which was so upsetting.  I loved that tree and it was one of the reasons why I fell in love with the house but the roots were starting to mess with the coping around the pool and the patio so something had to give.  It was either cut down the tree or re-do the pool and patio area.  The tree shaded our backyard from the relentless Texas sun and I will miss it terribly.  But, on the flip side, we won't need to heat the pool! 

And then I had a car accident and totaled my little Benz.  And yes, I loved that car.  And of course all of this fun stuff happens while Coach is out of town.  And then I found a big fat ferocious frog in the pool filter.  The thing was HUGE and I was so over it all -- the tree, my car, work, the freaking frog -- I said "F all of this" and shut the cover to the filter and walked away. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved