Thursday, September 5, 2019

Self-Care September

I love the Action for Happiness monthly calendar and print out several copies the beginning of each month.  I keep several copies around -- one at work, one on the fridge at home and one in my personal planner.  https://www.actionforhappiness.org/media/803824/september_2019.jpg

This month is all about self-care.  As women, we always put everyone else first whether it be our kids, our husband, our jobs and, as a consequence, we keep going and going until it's too late.  And then we're exhausted and burnt out.  And as I was writing yesterday's post, I'm prone to this type of behavior based on my Zodiac sign. 


I am incredibly fortunate to have a husband who understands and respects my need for some down time.  I work in the hospitality industry and have people wanting something from me all day long.  No one ever calls and says, "Hey!  What can I do for YOU???"  It can be draining at times.  Coach doesn't mind if I disappear in the bathtub for a couple of hours with a good book and some good music.  The water has to be scalding hot, lots of candles and a ton of lavender Epsom salts. No wine because between the hot water and the Epsom salts I'd probably pass out and drown in the tub.  Most people listen to soothing spa-type sounds when they're in the tub but that does nothing for me but make me more agitated.  I do not find flute or piano music relaxing at all.  My play list is very weird and totally random.  There's a little Drake, some Jay-Z, a couple of Guns and Roses songs, some AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Mac Miller, Travis Scott, Spandau Ballet, Sam Cooke, Queen, Taylor Swift, Normani, Missy Elliott, Beastie Boys, Ella Fitzgerald, Eminem, Migos, Snoop, Bob Marley, Spice Girls, Meek Mill, Kehlani.  You just never know.  But I like to sing in the tub and shower and I sing loud. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved