Saturday, September 3, 2022

What Are You Celebrating Today???

I love to go on www.nationaldaycalendar.com at the beginning of each month to see what we're celebrating during the upcoming days.  Did you know that September is:

  • Better Breakfast Month
  • Classical Music Month
  • Fall Hat Month (makes sense!)
  • Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month (and since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, why not book your gyno appoint now?)
  • Little League Month (weird, the Little League World Series is held every August in Williamsport, PA) 
  • International Update Your Resume Month
  • National Square Dance Month (brings back memories of 5th grade gym class)
  • National Blueberry Popsicle Month
  • National Chicken Month (I need more specifics please . . . the animal?  the dish?  the game you play in the pool on top of someone's shoulders?  the scary game people play on dark roads in a car?)
  • National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
  • National Courtesy Month (honestly, this should be celebrated every day)
  • National Honey Month
  • National Italian Cheese Month (quick!!  name your favorite Italian cheese!  Mine would have to be mozzarella.  It's definitely the versatile of all the Italian cheeses!)

  • National Library Card Sign-Up Month
  • National Mushroom Month
  • National Piano Month
  • National Potato Month (always makes me think of the scene between Sam and Gollum in The Lord of the Rings:  The Two Towers -- Sam: What we need is a few good taters.  Gollum: What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh?  Sam: Po-tay-toes!* Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew... Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.
  • National Rice Month 
  • National Suicide Awareness Month
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Awareness Month
  • Prostate Health Month
  • Save Your Photos Month (I use www.Chatbooks.com to preserve my memories!)  
  • Self Improvement Month
  • International Sourdough Month (we seem to celebrate a lot of carbs in September!)
  • Whole Grains Month

Whatever you decide to celebrate, have fun and be safe!  

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved