Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rings and Torches

Got a new phone a couple of weeks ago. I really loved my Blackberry Pearl. It was lightweight, slim, pink and oh so very girly with a paisly back cover. But the roller ball was constantly getting stuck and the last couple of weeks it would just randomly turn off and wouldn't hold a charge. So, I went down to the AT&T store with the intentions of buying another Blackberry Pearl. Took one look at the new Torch and I was hooked. Yes, I fell hard. For a phone. I'm so not a tech-y, gadget-y kind of person so my love affair with my new phone is kind of strange (I'm so behind the times, I just got an iPod for Mother's Day this year). I do have a Garmin in the car and a Sirius radio but have never been one to keep up with the latest and greatest (the Garmin and the Sirium were gifts from the hubster). Cosmo keeps eye-balling my phone and actually told me the other day that he was jealous. He totally covets my Torch.


Tbone is a junior this year and the other day we talked about class rings. She said she doesn't want one, she'll never wear it. She's right. She likes jewelry but she's more of an accessory kind of gal, not a sentimental one. Tonight I dug mine and Cosmo's high school rings out of the jewelry box and we took a walk down memory lane. I don't think either of the girls had ever seen our rings. Back then I remember thinking his ring was HUGE (compared to the size of his wedding ring and the Hoover Lacrosse Championship rings they ordered this past ring, his high school ring now looks like it would fit a girl). But tonight when I looked at my ring, I was amazed at how tiny my ring finger actually was! I think my ring size back then was a 4 (if I remember correctly, we ordered the rings end of sophomore year and wore them junior & senior year. It was a big deal; we had a ring ceremony and everything). My ring had cheerleading on one side, the North Rockland logo and graduation year on the other. My stone was a Sapphire, my birthstone. The words "North Rockland High School" encircle the stone. I had totally forgotten that my name was engraved in script on the inside. So weird to see my maiden name after all these years! I graduated in '85 and remember my grandmother gave me money for the ring so I could get the 14K instead of sterling silver. Of course, the first words out of KJ's mouth were, "When you die, can I have this???" So, I'm hoping T doesn't regret her decision not to buy a ring. Maybe she'll be more interested in a college ring. I hope she has something to pass on to her children someday.

1 comment:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Im in love with my Droid X. WHo'da thunk phones could be so cool. As for the school ring, hubby & I both have one collecting dust in our jewlery boxes. Maybe Tbone is onto something...

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved