Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

Quote of the Day: "The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them up." -- Dorothy Day

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. As I always say, I love having "all my chicks in the nest." Even though Cosmo is not a "chick" I'm talking about him, too when I say that.

This year's turkey was magnificent. I think each year just keeps getting better and better. Everything was timed PERFECTLY and the girls were a big help. KJ washed the potatoes and T peeled them and then KJ mashed them. The crescent rolls were in the oven while Cosmo was carving and our dutch apple pie was baking while we were eating. Just a wonderful, very relaxing day.

Today I plan to take down all my Thanksgiving decorations, wash everything, move furniture around, clean, etc. and then Saturday & Sunday I'll decorate for Christmas. KJ & Cosmo are going to ATL for a lax tournament (duh. I mean really. What else would he be doing on a weekend???) so T will be hope to help (although she doesn't know it yet!). She's up at the lax store working w/ Cosmo today and then has to get ready for tonight's game.

In case you've been living under a rock, or don't live in the state of Alabama, today is the big Iron Bowl match-up. I'd really like to see Alabama beat them this year. Although we don't necessarily dislike Auburn, I'd like to quiet some of the Auburn fans this year. After the Alabama/Auburn game we'll be heading to the Met for the Hoover vs. Mt Brook game. Round 3 of high school state championships.

T went to Natalie's services on Wednesday and came home positively drained....emotionally and physically. She thought she could handle it alone and sat with her girlfriends from the dance studio (we jokingly refer to them as the Dance Mafia). She called me afterward and said, "Mom, I'm just cried out. I don't think I have any more tears in me."

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved