Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grammy & Prom

"Styles, like everything else, change. Style doesn't." == Linda Ellerbee

T & I had so much fun watching the Grammy's Sunday night. The best part of the whole evening, of course, is the red carpet. T fell in love with Selena Gomez's dress and has confirmed that's the look she wants for this year's Prom. She wants full-on glamour. She wants the sequins, the glitz, the glam. No lace. No bows or flowers. No poufy-ness. And certainly not anything simple or boring. There were a couple of dresses last year that were reminiscent of solid color beach cover-ups / strapless maxi-type dresses. That's just not T. On our prom dress excursion a couple of weekends ago, she tried on an incredible, form fitting white gown with a fishtail hem. I wasn't crazy about white but told her I'd be open-minded. Well, when she came out of the dressing room, every girl in the store and every salesperson stopped what they were doing and told her she looked like Marilyn Monroe. A couple of girls told her to not to try on anything else, she'd found her dress. It was very sweet. So, now we have a better idea of what she's thinking of.

Busy Valentine's Day but what else is new in my house? Pretty much par for the course around here these days. T had lax practice and KJ had volleyball. Cosmo brought Baha Burger home for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I know it doesn't sound very romantic but it was perfect (any time I don't have to cook is PERFECT as far as I'm concerned and I love their little side salad with mandarin oranges). The girls were both out of the house and we had a quiet dinner at home. It was very nice to have a few minutes to ourselves and play catch up. Cosmo picked up KJ and her 2 little friends from vball and took them for a Valentines Day treat to the ice cream place that just opened up nearby.

So excited for KJ & I to get our paint on! I bought some Groupon certificates for the two of us to paint at Captured Creations. She loves to explore her artistic side and has always wanted to do a Sips 'n Strokes kind of thing. Her friend Elena had a wonderful birthday party in the fall and had a woman help them each paint Halloween black cats on canvas. It was so interesting to see how each child interpreted the concept . . . some cats had pink noses, some had green eyes, some had yellow eyes, some painted the inside of their cat's ears pink, some did polka dots. It was very, very cute and KJ was so proud when I put it on the mantle for the Fall holidays.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved