Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thank You Rain & Snow Gods

Nice start to the weekend. Last night Cosmo was able to secure space at a local indoor facility and had a mini-practice, KJ went home w/ a friend afterschool and ended up spending the night and T met me for some quality girl time (Clinique bonus @ Belk!) before heading out to dinner and the basketball game w/ friends.


Had an OUTSTANDING lacrosse fundraiser this morning. Didn't think it was going to happen when we woke up to snow but the players, their family and friends pulled thru and it was a packed house all morning. The pancake breakfast and the auction are always fun and a great kick-off to the season. I love catching up with everyone and really love it when parents and kids who played several years ago make it a point to still support the team.


Cosmo and I always laugh at the amount of gossip and rumors that go around this town. Some of the boys on his team (and their dads) gossip worse than a bunch of girls. He's always coming home from practicing talking about who did this or who did that, who's talking to who (there's talking and then there's talking), who had a party, who hooked up with who, who quit what, who didn't make such and such a team/squad (college recruiting was earlier in the week so that was a big topic). The moms always gossip about everyone else's children but their own which is even funnier. Most of the dads don't have any illusions about their kids. They will honestly come right out and say, "I'm disappointed, or I'm upset w/ my child. We had a long talk, he/she needs to try harder, etc." The moms? Never. We have some friends who are totally aware of the fact that their kids aren't angels and make no bones about it. Never judgemental, never hypocritical. Those are the parents I like. The ones who aren't too-faced and talk about EVERYONE else's kids (so fake and phony when they then smile and pretend to be concerned but they're really just digging for dirt). To say "my child would never" is just plain stupid. Yes, your child would. And they did. So get off your high horse. They're only human and they're teenagers. They make stupid decisions.


On that note, a big shout out to the weather gods (I'm guessing that would be Zeus???):

Zeus is the Lord of the Sky and the God of Rain. Zeus, Ruler of Mount Olympus, Known by Many Names, Lord of the Sky, Rain-God, Cloud-Gatherer And Zeus of the Thunderbolt. The Mighty Zeus, the Greek god known also as the Roman god Jupiter or Jove.



Because of the yucky weather the fields are in terrible condition and Cosmo had to cancel today's practice. We had a nice lunch quiet lunch together and actually took a little bit of a nap. I can't remember the last time he was home on a Saturday afternoon. So relaxing.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved