Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lots of Glitter is a Good Thing !!!

Luv, luv, luv the way the house is decorated this year! I've got some new things and always try to mix things up. There's a lot of glitter this year and I really like it!


This is a photo of our family travel tree. We always try to buy an ornament everywhere we go and the Alpine tree looks so pretty in the foyer.
Hard to tell in the photo above but the two "presents" are covered in glitter and the polka dot one opens up and holds a tea lite. The three green vases in the back to the far right I got from work. They must have been left over from a wedding or some other event because there were dozens of them! I thought they'd be cool for Christmas decorations. Not sure yet if I'm going to put something in them (like silver, glitter tree branches?) or just leave them alone.
Really into "subway art" this year (hello Etsy my old friend!) and have some similar decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Again, hard to tell but the wording is all done is red glitter. Looks very pretty when the tea lights in the red votive holders are lit.


The silver placemats in the dining room are new this year. My mom doesn't like the napkins and napkins rings on top of the plate because it hides the Christmas tree pattern.


But this is what my table really looks like. My mom made those napkins rings years & years ago when she used to do ceramics as a hobby. There are 8 of them and a couple of years ago one of the stars broke off (Cosmo fixed it w/ gorilla glue).


I can't remember what I did for last year's centerpiece so I tried to stay with the red & white snowflake theme of my table linens. This is a wrought iron cake stand, a clear glass plate with bubbles and some ornaments and candles. Some of the candle holders I had, a couple I purchased this year.


And here's the complete table. I love the layered look and using all of my different glassware. It drives the girls insane and they say the table is too busy. The red champagne glasses I've had for years and also use them for Valentine's Day and 4th of July. Can't remember where the snowman glasses came from but the Christmas tree highballs were a housewarming gift from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law when we first moved into this house and they match my dishes. Have no idea where the hand-painted peppermint wine glasses came from either (maybe a dirty Santa one year??).


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved