Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chicks in the Nest

Yay!  All the chicks are back in the nest!  Cosmo had been in Knoxville and Nashville last week so we got her on a flight from BWI to Huntsville yesterday and he picked her up at the airport.  Her flight was very, very early and I think she panicked for a minute when she got off the plane and didn't see Cosmo standing at the gate.  He had gotten hung up in security but she stayed on the phone with me until she saw him walking towards her.  Love knowing that my kids are somewhat independent and can handle themselves in any situation! 

Apparently my sweet, sweet little nephew was very worried about KJ flying by herself.  He was fine when they said good-bye to her at the gate but as they watched her plane pull away he got very upset and cried.  He said he didn't like her flying by herself and he missed her already.  He left her a message on her her cell phone and said, "Call me the MINUTE you land!!!"  So cute! 

We had such a nice night listening to her stories from her 2 week visit in PA w/ the fam.  The weather wasn't great so she didn't do any swimming and no horseback riding this trip (my cousin Jessica is taking summer classes and staying on campus).  But, KJ spent a lot of time w/ my niece and nephew, got to spend some time w/ her cousin John (they are 8 weeks apart), she rode the four-wheeler (a lot), went to Knoebels, went to one of Mr. B's baseball games, went to Miss C's pre-school graduation, made jam w/ my sister-in-law, went to John's lax tournament and Aunt Linda took her to dinner one night. Just some good ol' fashioned family fun time. 

1 comment:

Christine Rosko said...

Hey! I absolutely love your blog. I actually found it by browsing through the designs that LeeLou blogs had listed and just fell in love with your title. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award. It's something different from what you normally do but if you'd like to accept here is the link!

http://xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award-winner.html

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved