Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Tom-Foolery

Kind of like Sunday Silliness or 10 on TuesdayIt's OK Thursday or Wordless Wednesday, I like to think of Friday as having a bit of Tom Foolery.
That Friday Blog Hop

Hop on over to participate and get in on the fun!  http://to-calm-insanity.blogspot.com/  I'm not sure how it works but I'm going to give it a whirl and maybe meet some fun new bloggers.

Speaking of fun, new bloggers, check out http://beautifullyquirky27.blogspot.com/  to meet my new friend, Melisa.  She's from Jersey!  Whoop!  Whoop!  We've been partnered up for a book swap.  What kind of books do you think she'll like??

So sweet, but beautiful and always quirky Melissa handed out some blogging awards today!  Whoop!  Whoop! 



Of course there are rules. Why wouldn't there be right?

"RULES"

1. Link back to whoever nominated you.

2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.

3. Nominate 11 bloggers.



11 Random facts about me:

1. I have never played a game of golf.  Mini golf, yes.  Real golf, no. 

2. I have never worn false eyelashes.  

3. I have never had a Bloody Mary. 

4. I have snow skied, never water skied. 
5. I have never been to Texas, Utah or Nebraka. 

6. I can only eat yogurt, pudding or jello off a plastic spoon. 
7. I like most of my veggies raw:  carrotts, cauliflower, brocoli, celery, tomatoes. 

8. And when I do eat cooked vegetables, they are barely steamed so they are still nice and crisp:  aparagus, green beans. 

9.  I loved my grandmother's Shoo-Fly-Pie. 

10. I love the original Goldfish crackers. 

11. I have only tried Oatmeal once.  I have issues with textures. 
Apparently these are the "rules" for the Liebster Award

1. Let everyone know when you nominate them.

2. Make up 11 questions for them to answer.

3. Answer the questions that have been given to you.

These are the Questions from Melisssa I'm supposed to answer:
1. Why did you start up a blog?
A friend introduced me to blogging.  I thought it was SO fun and I loved all the little gadgets (i.e., little blinky things, playlists, photo slide shows, etc.).  My blog has grown into so much more and I love to look back at old posts!

2. Do you catch up with blogs in the morning or at night?
I catch up with my blogs at night. 

3. What are you afraid of?
Something happening to one of my girls. 

4. Worst date you've been on?
I really don't think I've ever been on a bad date.  I met my husband at 15 and we've been married 20 years.  The only thing I can think of is the time we went out for drinks with friends and they fought the entire time.  They divorced shortly afterward. 

5. Favorite movie of all time.
Forest Gump

6. Summer or Winter Olympics?
Oh tough one!!!  Love skiing, ice skating, hockey of the Winter Games but I also enjoy gymnastics and swimming of the Summer. 
7. Pancakes or Waffles?
Waffles, definately Waffles. 
8. Best restaurant you've been to?
Very, very hard for me to answer.  I've had the luxury of eating in some of the best restaurants in the world but still think some the best food is found at little whole in the wall places with lots of atmosphere and character.
9. Do you eat ice cream? If so, what's your favorite flavor?
I don't eat bowels of icre cream but do enjoy ice cream novelties (i.e., Nutty Buddy, those 90 calorie Snickers or Twix ice cream bars, Blue Bell mini ice cream sandwiches. 

10. Are you married or single?
Married. 
11. Do you want children some day? If you have children, how many do you have?
Two daughters. 


And now here are my question for my Liebster Award Receipients:  
1. If you could live in any decade which would it be:  Roaring 20's, The 30's, The 40's, The 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's? 
2. Where do you get your news:  TV, print, social media?
3. What was the most favorite Halloween costume you wore as a kid?
.
4. Worst Christmas present ever received? (Like, outright given; not something you ended up with from the office Dirty Santa game). 
 
5. Favorite Disney Princess?  Why? 

6. New Kids on the Block or Backstreet Boys?
7.  Team Jennifer or Team Angelina?
8.  Do you own a pair of "Norts" (Nike Shorts)? 
9.  Roller Coaster or Log Flume?
10.  Favorite Awards Show:  Grammy's, Oscars, Tony's, Espy's, People's Choice, MTV Video Awards, Teen Choice Awards????
Tag!  You're It!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Valerie, how sweet! Thank you so much for the niminations. Just to be clear.....is it both awards or just one? I just want to make sure that I am following "the rules". Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Beautifully Quirky said...

somehow I am just seeing this post... my google reader thing is on the fritz again :P

And pudding MUST be eaten off a plastic spoon... it's a MUST for me too!

FYI: the Captcha thing is driving me nuts!!! It accepted my comment after the 6th try...

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved