Sunday, July 22, 2012

Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates . . .

. . . you never know what you're gonna get.  Especially when KJ's been messing around with your camera.  She has her own brand new camera purposely bought for Disney but she somehow still manages to leave a few surprises on my memory stick: 





Obviously she's quite excited about Disney and has been reading up on her Disney facts.  Did you know that 6 of the 7 Dwarfs have a parking lot named after them in the Magic Kingdom?  Doc is the only one who does not.  Disney folks were afraid park visitors would get Parking "Doc" confused with Boat "Dock."  And this is what I've come home to a couple of times this week:  

I like to call this one "Rasta Trix Goes Disney"  -- looks like a bunch of nasty dreds on her head. 

She looks positively thrilled, doesn't she???

And here we have T's dorm stuff taking over the guest room.  She worked all day yesterday so we met for dinner and then a quick Wal-mart run for some health & beauty stuff and other miscellaneous stupidness:  

Quilt from Urban Outfitters:  check
Carpe Diem Shams from Urban:  check
(2) Sets of Sheets:  check
Mattress protector and Mattress topper:  check, check 
(3) Sets of Towels;  Check
Bike and Bike Lock:  Check
Laptop:  TBD (she knows what she needs for Journalism; it's just a matter of finding the time to go to the Apple store and get it)
Laptop Lock:  Check
Extension Cords and Surge Protectors:  check, check
Shower Caddy, Bedside Caddy, First Aid Kit:  check, check and check
Desk Lamp, School Supplies, Fan:  check, check and check
New Underwear and Socks:  check, check
Hamper, Laundry Bag, Laundry Detergent, Dryer Sheets, Stain Stick:  check, check, check, check and check!
Hangers, Iron, Ironing Blanket:  check, check and check
Fridge, Microwave and Hot Pot:  check, check and check
New Backpack:  check

These are a couple of crafts T made for her room:  A smaller version of the chicken wire jewelry holder she made for her bedroom room here at home, mason jars spray painted with chalkboard paint for pens, pencils, make-up brushes (I think she's got some burlap or twine or something to still go on the jars).  I have no idea what she plans to do with that bottle she painted blue.  Maybe just for decoration?  A pop of color??

Each dorm is different and the newer ones they've built this summer @ Ole Miss are gorgeous!  We've been hearing horror stories from friends and seen some photos on instagram of dad's trying to build shelving units or bookcases (how are you going to get that in your car?  Wouldn't you rather assemble when you get there?).  T lucked out because her dorm is older and the entire one wall is full of built-ins (times 2) . . . a hanging closet, a desk, a set of built in drawers and storage all across the top.  She doesn't need to bring bookcases, storage or anything like that.  While the newer dorms already had them, we did have to buy the fridge and micro and her roomie is bring the TV and her mom offered to buy a rug for their room.  I've chatted with both Bess and her mom and we are so looking forward to meeting!  I think the girls are going to be a GREAT match and have an AWESOME year!!  Whoop!  Whoop!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved