Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zodiac


My husband has threatened to throw away my beautiful new phone and my computer and wants me to stay off social media.  I have a tendency to get very upset at some of the injustices of the world (or what I, in my own little world, perceive to be unjust).  I'm not a black or white kind of girl.  I see things very gray.  And this I blame entirely on being a Libra.  I try to please everyone.  I try to see both sides of the story and I get very (very) vocal about certain topics that I feel passionate about (Paula Deen, Trayvon Martin, the latest cover of Rolling Stone magazine, Hoover City Schools cutting buses from the budget . . . I could go on and on). 

Here are some typical characteristics of Libras and my thoughts on said characteristics: 

Kind, gentle and lovers of beauty, harmony and peace, the Libra-born are attractive people. However, in their bid to please everyone, they can rarely say no to anyone, and as a result, end up stretching themselves.


Positive traits

Tactful
The Libra-born know how to get things done (or, as Tina Fey says, "Bitches get Stuff Done"), however, they cannot be called manipulative. They are too nice to take undue advantage of people’s emotions. 
Romantic
Ruled by Venus, the people born under the Zodiac Sign Libra are romantic to the core. Everything in their lives revolves around the magic word – Love.  (yeah, OK.  I admit it.  I do love loving gestures from my husband or daughters big or small)
Charming
The way they talk and the matters they talk about make people comfortable in their company. And their captivating smile is like a cherry on the cake!  (I don't know about the captivating smile part)
Just
The have a strong sense of justice and fair play. They may tactfully find their way out, but they will never resort to dubious means to get what they want.  (and here's where I start to get in trouble)
Diplomatic
The Libra-born are famous for their diplomatic skills and ability to listen to opposing viewpoints without losing patience. (I don't know about the patience part)
Balanced
Striking balance comes naturally to the Scales as they are graphically represented in the Zodiac calendar. They rarely go to extremes, be it regarding any matter. (like any modern woman, I do try to have it all and juggle a lot -- family, home, career, etc.  Just when I think I'm doing great, something blows up and it all comes crashing down)

Negative traits

Superficial
External beauty means a lot to them. So much so that the Libra-born tend to become superficial, ignoring the potential flaws underneath the beautiful exterior. (I don't think I'm superficial when it comes to physical beauty but buy me a gorgeous pair of shoes or a handbags and I'm yours for life!)
Detached
People born under the Zodiac Sign Libra are empathetic but they can also be detached and pretentious as they don’t wish to displease anyone. (I do have a habit of shutting down and removing myself from the situation rather than confront it head on)
Unreliable
A Libra gets easily influenced by others’ opinions and may change his/ her mind before one may realize it. You may never know if they will keep their word. (I am very guilty of this.  I cancel plans or commitments often because I am just overwhelmed trying to please everyone else and need to just take a step back.  Also see above comment regarding "Detached")
Laid-back
They are energetic but can be surprisingly laid-back as well. And it is not so much physical laziness as it is a desire to avoid tension and emotional challenges. (Um, yes)
Indecisive
Choosing one option out of two or more choices is probably the toughest task for the Libra. Their indecisiveness often becomes a hurdle in their path. (This is SO not me.  Once I make up my mind.  It's done.  We will not discuss it again.  All systems a go.  My mind is made up and that's that.  My husband says it's the stubborn Polish side of me)
Self-indulgent
Since they focus on being surrounded with all things beautiful, the Libra-born tend to self-indulgent and extravagant. (I am totally self-indulgent.  Again, it all goes back to trying to please everyone else.  I often find it quite necessary to take a step back, remove myself from the situation and just take care of me for a while.  Whether it's a pedicure, a bubble bath or reading a book because Damn it!  I'm worth it!  Also see Detached, Unreliable and Laid-Back.)

And here's what the Huff Post has to say about Libras:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/horoscopes/astrology/libra/about/

Famous Libras include:  Ganhdi, Sting, Will Smith, Barbara Walters, Kim Kardashian, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Zac Efron, Usher, Snoop Dog, John Lennon, Viggo Mortenson, Gwen Stefani, Eminem, Matt Damon, Ryan Reynolds, Margaret Thatcher, F. Scott Fitzgerald

So, what does your birth sign say about you???

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved