Monday, August 5, 2013

Sophomore Year Has Begun

So Sophomore year is upon us.  Very, very different from Freshman year. Freshman year was so crazy and was just one big shopping spree -- XL linens, towels, micro and fridge, storage solutions, cute little dresses for Rush, etc. Sophomore year was very calm. T is using the comforter set she bought last year, same egg crate mattress pad, same mattress protector cover, she did buy a new set of sheets and a new set of towels. Other than that, she really didn't buy much. She kept everything in one spot in the garage and even loading up her car was easy-breezy. Being an RA several items are already provided for her so she didn't need to pack her fridge or microwave but she did need to take a TV with her. She's got that great big room all to herself so she wasn't worried about taking too much stuff. They had the carpet already laid down for her, the fridge, the microwave and they gave her a couch, too. The Boy helped her move in, hooked up her cable for her and did most of the heavy lifting.  They went out to dinner Saturday night to T's favorite restaurant and Sunday they went to BBB.  Sadly, T said none of the hot male servers from last year were working.  Sunday afternoon they had an RA gathering in the Grove and had a wonderful meal catered from Taylor Grocery. 

KJ started volleyball today and will have daily practice from now until the season is over.  She's worked pretty hard in the off season.  We did not buy a single thing during tax-free weekend.  It just isn't worth it to me.  I heard the crowds were insane and I hate crowds. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved