Saturday, August 3, 2013

Risk

I think one of the reasons Coach and I work so well as a team is because we balance each other out.  We have an interesting dynamic.  He likes to think things through and doesn't make rash decisions.  I react a little more spontaneously and impetuously.  I make up my mind pretty quickly and once I've made up my mind, that's pretty much it.  I rarely change my mind.  About anything. 

I consider myself to be fairly adventurous.  I get bored very easily so I'm usually up for a challenge and like to try new things.  Especially when we're on vacation.  We've had fun zip-lining, I've swam with dolphins, KJ and I like to go horseback riding, Cosmo and I like to snorkel.  I'm not a fan of heights but I would like to give bungee jumping a try (and would also like to sky dive).  I'd like to take a family white-water rafting trip.  We've had fun jet skiing, snow skiing (I've never water skied), I've given snowboarding a try.  I like to shoot guns. 

However, as spontaneous as I can be, I like to research and be prepared for the experience.  I think part of the fun is planning for the adventure.

Adventurous: 
ad·ven·tur·ous /adˈvenCHərəs/
Adjective 1.Willing to take risks or to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences.
2.Involving new ideas or methods.
Synonyms venturesome - adventuresome - risky - hazardous

 
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
― Helen Keller, The Open Door    

 
“Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals of Ralph Waldo Emerson, with Annotations - 1841-1844    

 
“If you dare nothing,
then when the day is over,
nothing is all you will have gained.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved