Friday, February 7, 2014

Swarming Hornets

So glad it's Friday!  What a crazy week!  We woke up Wednesday morning to a beautiful ice storm.  It looked like a winter wonderland!  Everything was white and icy and it was so pretty!  Unfortunately, it was also a little dangerous and some of the power lines were down as well as several trees and branches.  We were fine but the school KJ's volleyball team practices at hasn't had power since then and last night's practice was cancelled.  KJ's school was cancelled Wednesday and, of course, she was thrilled.  I don't think she realizes that she'll have to make up days over the allotted amount.  At this rate, she may be going to school until July!

Tuesday night was Parent Night at the high school for rising 9th graders.  Eek!!!  Let's just say one parental unit is excited for KJ, the other parental unit is not ready for his little girl to be in high school.  He was not a happy camper and just kept saying, "I don't want to talk about this!  I'm not ready for this!"  I was very impressed with the principal and the counselors at the high school and am pretty confident they will help get KJ to where she needs to be.  One of the things I love about this school district in the tech ed program.  I've always said "not every student is college material" and think it's important for students to be introduced to HVAC repair, automotive technology, cosmetology, plumbing/electrical, etc.  Our high school in NY participated in a program called "BOCES" (Board of Cooperative Education Services or something like that).  Junior and senior year of high school you attended classes for half a day and then the other half you went to BOCES and took introductory nursing classes, cosmetology, auto tech, etc.  Unfortunately, the girls school in Alabama did not offer such a program and it's unfortunate.  I can think of several kids that would have benefited from it.


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved