Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

Happy Labor Day!  Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!  I know we are!

KJ had a scrimmage on Friday at home.  She's playing SO good!  Her serves are solid and she's been setting.  She's still fighting the setter position but Cosmo and I keep telling her it's the perfect position for her -- she knows what she's doing on the court, she controls the action and she sets very, very well.  I don't know what her problem is.  She is loving high school life and it was so weird to see her doing some Damascus chants and cheers during the Varsity game.  Anyway, she played awesome and a couple of her friends came to see her play and then they went to the football scrimmage while Cosmo and I went out to dinner at Laurienzo's.  I luv, luv, luv their lobster ravioli!  http://www.laurienzobrickovencafe.com/

KJ's friend slept over Friday night and my parents arrived Saturday afternoon in plenty of time to watch the Alabama game.  Cosmo's niece and her husband came over (FSU fans/alumni) and my cousin and her husband joined us as well (Penn State fans/alumni).  I was hoping we could set up the TV poolside but it was quite humid and it looked like it might rain.  I swear, I love having people over.  The more the merrier.  Sunday's weather cooperated and we spent the entire day in the pool.  The.  Entire.  Day.  We only got out of the pool to eat (and bathroom breaks!!).

Today Cosmo, KJ and my parents are at the Spy Musuem in DC.  http://www.spymuseum.org/
I decided to stay home and get some stuff done to get ready for the week ahead.  I have a bunch of pool towels to throw in the wash and just need to chill for a bit.  The sun is shining today so I'll probably lay at the pool and catch up on my magazines.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved