Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Royal Wedding

Only a few more days until the Royal Wedding!  And I am totally geeking out!  The pomp!  The circumstance! 
Regent Street, London

The Queen!  Lots of handsome Princes.  And Princesses wearing ugly hats! 
Eugenie and Beatrice


The gown!  Which designer will she wear?  Will the designer be Canadian?  American?  British?  What about the Tiara??  https://www.townandcountrymag.com/the-scene/weddings/g17805394/royal-wedding-tiaras-throughout-history/?src=arb_fb_ob_d&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=arb_fb_ob_d
For her 1947 wedding to Prince Philip, Princess Elizabeth –who would become Queen Elizabeth II – wore Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara, consisting of 47 diamond bars using stones taken from a necklace Queen Mary had been given by Queen Victoria. The Fringe Tiara, passed on to Princess Elizabeth's mother in 1936, was loaned to the young Princess as the "something borrowed" element of her wedding outfit.  The Queen would loan the sparkling keepsake to her own daughter Princess Anne for her wedding to Mark Phillips in November 1973. 
 
When she married Prince Charles in 1981, Princess Diana famously wore a stunning ivory silk taffeta gown with puffed shoulders and a billowing skirt by Elizabeth and David Emanuel. Diana's diamond encrusted piece was not from the royal collection but from her own aristocratic family's treasure trove: the century-old Spencer Tiara worn by her mother and sisters on their own wedding days.
 
Kate Middleton married Prince William on April 29, 2011 wearing a custom Alexander McQueen gown and the Queen Mother’s Cartier Halo Tiara. The glittering headpiece features 739 brilliant-cut diamonds and 149 baguette-cut diamonds.
 
In 1960, when she prepared to walk down the aisle to marry Anthony Armstrong-Jones, Queen Elizabeth II's little sister chose a statement-making accessory for her wedding day – the Poltimore Tiara. Rather than borrowing from the royal collection according to tradition, however, glamorous Princess Margaret chose to wear this stunning creation, made by Garrard in the 1870s, which she had bought at auction the year before her wedding.


Will Prince George be a page boy?  Princess Charlotte a flower girl??   Here they are at Auntie Pippa's wedding: 
At Auntie Pippa's wedding

Who's on the guest list?  Will Elton John be there?  David and Victoria?  Any other Spice Girls? 
 http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/royal-wedding-2018

I purchased the mug and tea towel below from BBC on-line for my bar cart and my sweet friend LCM recently gave me a tea towel set with Double Decker buses to commerate our first annual girls Double Decker weekend in Oxford (Mississippi). 
I love the mug because it has the cutest little Queen's Guard inside! 

I  have no idea what I'm going to do with the tea towel (other than display it on my bar cart with my new mug) but I just adore the fact that the American flag is also included! 
 
This this Alison Gardiner mug is also available from the BBC Shops: 

 
Thank God I didn't order this Ed Sheeran/Meghan Markle plate (I mean, all gingers basically look the same, right???): 
 
Ms. Markle has some pretty big shoes to fill!
 


 

 


 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved