Monday, May 21, 2018

Wedding Hangover

Were you one of the crazy ones (like me!) who woke up super early Saturday morning to watch the Royal Wedding or did you watch a recap at a later time?  I woke up early for Diana and Charles and Kate and Will; I wasn't going to miss this one! 

Let's first talk about the most important but often overlooked factor of the day -- the weather!!!  The sun was shining, beautiful blue skies and London was in her glory!!  You don't get many perfect weather days in the dreary UK but Saturday was definitely one of them! 

I'm always impressed by the military precision in which the Palace organizes events.  I'm a stickler for being on-time (which, to me, equals "early") and they had arrivals on a tight, tight timeline.  Once the Queen arrived, that was it.  No tardy relations barreling through St. George's doors trying to slip into their seats unnoticed.  https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/the-royals/timeline-how-the-royal-wedding-will-unfold-1.3935417

And now on to the fashion!  Here are some of my favorite guest looks from Saturday: 

George and Amal Clooney

Diana's brother, Charles, Earl of Spencer, and his wife.

James Corden and his wife.  I love everything about her dress and fascinator -- the color, the cut and her accessories.  I had no idea his wife was so pretty!

Kitty Spencer, Diana's niece.  She's stunning! 

Pippa! 

Sarah Ferguson looked lovely in a combination of navy and pink. 

James Blount and his wife, Sofia Wellesley.  I think she was the best dressed guest at the wedding.  Quintessential British day wedding wear and a fabulous smile and fascinator!
 
David Beckham (notice I did not include a pic of Victoria.  That's because she looked like she was going to a funeral.  She always looks miserable!)
 
 
And now for the rest of the guests:
 
Oprah (could have ditched the sunglasses).  I do like her shoes, though! 

I like Serena's dress and fascinator but the necklace was distracting. 


OMG.  These two. 
All I can say is "bless their hearts." 
Eugenie looks like a 1960's flight attendant and her dress is too short for a Royal wedding (dress code is "at or below the knee"). 
 
But, I guess it's better than this: 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved