Monday, February 4, 2019

Super Let Down

Raise your hand if you watched the most boring Superbowl in the history of the game.  I'm terribly sorry.  You will never get those couple hours of your life back. 


I, fortunately, did not watch a single second of the game and was reading a great book while the half-time snooze fest was on.  Holy cow. It was painful.  Adam Levine looked like he didn't want to be there and his performance was less than enthusiastic.  Taking his shirt off in a last ditch effort to save the show was ineffective and, frankly, too little, too late.  And Big Boi?  Seriously?   When was the last time Big Boi was relevant?  Was Andre 3000 asked to preform?  Did he foresee what a dumpster fire it was going to be and wisely declined? 

In other, exciting news, I ate a banana this weekend.  Ok.  It wasn't a whole banana, it was just a slice.  If you know me personally or read my blog regularly, you know I can't stand bananas so this is really a big deal.  I've hated them since I was a baby.  My mother said I wouldn't eat them as an infant and have refused to eat them ever since.  I like banana bread.  I like pina coladas in small doses and I could propably have a few bites of banana pudding.  But put an actual piece of banana in my mouth?  Never.  Until Sunday.  Coach and I went for a long walk Sunday morning and stopped at our local smoothie place.  I got my usual Mega Mango and he went for a bowl with strawberry yogurt, granola, banana and peanut butter.  The banana slices were covered in granola and looked pretty good so I asked for a bite.  Of course, Coach had to alert the media.  Ok.  It wasn't the media.  He texted the girls.  Same thing. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved