Friday, February 22, 2019

The Stuff Dreams are Made Of

My sleep struggles are well documented.  And this week was awful.  My usually pitiful night-time routine was repeatedly disrupted and I suffered for it.

Last week I made a super quick 1-night trip to Birmingham to go to Fleetwood Mac concert with KJ.  Originally KJ, Dew and T-bone bought the tickets months and months ago with the intention of KJ driving in from Ox to spend the night with her sister in Birmingham.  Then, T-bone moved to Denver.  And KJ was bound and determined to go the BJCC solo.  And I really didn't want her to go to the concert by herself so I flew in Wednesday afternoon and flew back to Dallas Thursday. 


Fleetwood Mac was amazing and we had incredible floor seats.  There was no opening band, the group came out and played for over 2 hours and did a beautiful tribute to Tom Petty as one of their encores.  I'm not a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, more of a Stevie Nicks fan because, um, hello, it's Stevie Nicks and she's a goddess.  But Fleetwood Mac delivered one helluva show.  So by the time we got back to our hotel I was pretty wired and couldn't fall asleep.  And then I had a late flight back to DFW and didn't land until 9:30 PM and couldn't fall asleep when I got home.  I was soooo overtired. 

And then I had my very first MOD (Manager on Duty) weekend.  And I was a nervous wreck.  What if there's a guest emergency?  What if there's a problem with the building's mechanics (i.e., HVAC issues, pool filter, hot water heater, internet, etc?).  What if there are associate issues?  I worked myself into a tizzy.  I had to be at the hotel from 5 PM Friday to 12 noon on Sunday.  Cosmo had dinner with me Friday night but didn't stay at the hotel with me because he had been traveling all week and was suffering from a head cold.  He just wanted to be home in bed, not in another hotel room.  He was such a trooper and he accompanied me while I did my evening rounds that first night.  And then of course I couldn't fall asleep Friday night.  Because what if . . . .

So Saturday I checked in with all departments, did a few things in the Sales Office and had lunch.  I tried to take a nap in my room but just couldn't.  Because what if . . . .  Saturday night I feel asleep for a bit but didn't sleep long enough or fall into deep enough REM.  Because what if . . . .

By Sunday I was so freaking exhausted and it had really taken a toll on my psyche and my skin.  I had horrible bags under my eyes, I was terribly dehydrated and I looked like the damn crypt keeper. 
 

I was definitely on the struggle bus all week and last night I was able to finally give my skin some much needed attention.  Thank God I have a husband who understands my messed up sleep cycles because when I got home from work he had dinner ready and told me to go take a bath and try to relax.  Twist my arm.  You don't have to tell me twice. 

I've been hearing a lot about overnight face masks and at first I thought I wouldn't want anything too heavy on my face overnight that could clog pores. Burt's Bees has an "Hydrating Overnight Mask, Origin's has the "Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water" (sounds fancy!), Korean beauty brand Glow Recipe has the "Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask," and I really want to try Fresh's "Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask." 

One day while roaming around Target,  I found "Wake Up Beautiful Super Hydration Sleepover Mask" by Pacifica.  I've seen this brand at Target many times as well as Whole Foods but didn't really know much about it.  I did a quick but all important in-store smell test and threw the tube in my cart.  I.  Love.  This.  Stuff.  It's just right.  Not too thick or sticky, not thin.  Absorbs quickly, smells heavenly and leaves my skin soft and refreshed in the morning.  I look and feel well rested. 

 
 

Another awesome Target find is the Pixi brand of SkinTreats.  I've been using the Glow Peel Pads once or twice a week for a couple of years now and love how refreshed my skin feels after. 
 
Last night I also used the Overnight Glow Serum before I used the Pacifica Wake Up Beautiful  Super Hydration Sleepover Mask and I feel like I pushed the re-set button on my skin.  In addition to sleeping great last night (thank you Dr. Teal's Soothe & Sleep Pure Epsom Salt Soak with Lavender!), I woke up to fabulous skin! 


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved