Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Little Self Care

Last week I had the opportunity to take a couple of days off from work and accompany Coach on a trip to Breckenridge.  I hadn't been to Breck in years and I had never been in the summertime.  What a totally different experience! 

The town of Breckenridge is positively charming.  The weather was spectacular and wild flowers were everywhere you looked!  I could not stop taking photos of the lupine, the amazing poppies and fox glove.  We definitely don't get flowers like that in North Texas!!!







To me, the best part of my trip was the relaxation, the shopping and the food!  Not a chain store or restaurant in sight (I think there may be a Starbucks on Main Street, IDK.  I don't drink coffee so I'm not on the look out for those kinds of things!). 

A couple of my favorite shops were:  http://magicalscraps.com/, Marigolds Farmhouse Funk & Junk, Ruby Jane's (also check out their gorgeous loft available for rent!) and Valley Girl. 

At Magical Scraps I found the most wonderful bath and body, home and lifestyle brand, Margot Elena.  I am now officially obsessed with the Lollia line.  The gorgeous packaging pulled me in but the fragrances are spectacular. I bought the Always in Rose eau de parfum and the Dream perfumed luminary (fancy for "candle").  I also need to check out their Library of Flowers line.  www.margotelena.com







One of the days I took the gondola up to Peak 8 and had a incredible day at the Infinity Spa at the Grand Colorado.  https://grandcolorado.com/  I had an 12 noon massage but arrived in plenty of time to use the steam room and the grotto.


After my massage, I totally took advantage of the relaxation room and got super comfy in my luxurious robe and sumptuious blanket.  When I say I took advantage I mean I slept in my lounger for over an hour. 

Because this is Colorado, the spa uses products "blessed by Mother Nature herself" and I bought some very rich shea butter hand creams from Farmhouse Fresh Goods in the Rainbow Road and Sweet Tea scents.  https://www.farmhousefreshgoods.com/index.html


No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved