Thursday, August 8, 2019

Look out Martha and Joanna!

A couple of weeks ago KJ and I were headed out of our neighborhood to run some errands when she spied this dresser on a neighbor's sidewalk clearly marked for trash pick-up: 
 

KJ is, by nature, a somewhat shy person and definitely non-confrontational.  So when she saw the dresser she slammed on her breaks but was embarrassed to get out of the car to check it out.  I told her if she wants the dresser she should just ring the doorbell and ask if she can have it.  The neighbor, of course, told her to take it but we were in her convertible and there was no way it was going to fit.  So she had to call her daddy to drive around the corner and throw it in the back of his SUV.  While we were waiting for Coach to show up, a pick-up with two ladies pulled up and one of the ladies got out to inspect the dresser.  I was so proud of KJ when she yelled, "Sorry!  It's taken!!!" 

Although her new apartment is furnished, she was looking for something to put her TV on.  The dresser provided is very taller and narrow.  She's has a massive walk-in closet so she's thinking of putting the narrow dresser in there.  She's doing her bedroom in what she refers to as colors of the sunset -- reds, oranges, light pinks. 

She did a great job of taking the dresser apart and sanding it down (as you can see in the pic above, the top was in rough shape).  She selected her paint color but Coach ended up painting most of it to ensure even coats.  She did the mandala stencil on her own and spray painted the handles to match.  Coach also put a clear coat on the top so the stencils down get rubbed or scratched off. 

 
Looks amazing, doesn't it???  

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved