Saturday, October 6, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!!!

"Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower” -- Albert Camus

So we've already established Fall is my favorite season. I'm spending today (and probably tomorrow!) putting out my autumnal decorations. I start off w/ browns and golds, leaves, pumpkins, add a little Halloween stuff and then move on to my all-time favorite holiday . . . Thanksgiving! Yes, I'm weird. Everyone else LOVES Christmas but I love Thanksgiving. I love the smells, the textures, the colors, the food. Thanksgiving is such a simple holiday -- no cards to mail, no gifts to buy and wrap. It is what it is, just a day to be thankful for the people in your life.
We have a Japanese Maple right outside our kitchen window and it is SO magnificant in the fall. I would love to put a screen porch out there but wouldn't dare risk moving that maple.
Chris is in Atlanta today & Sunday for a men's lax tourney. I don't think they played too well this morning. Maybe this afternoon and tomorrow's games will be better.

Kendall got to cheer this morning on the new sports grass at Hoover High. It was really cool but really weird. There was a sign on the field that said, "No Sunflower Seeds on the Field." I didn't realize there was a sunflower situation at the high school. Who knew??

After the game Taylor got a mani and her eyebrows waxed (boy did she need it!!!). She has a party tonight and she's very excited. She's upstairs primping as I type. KJ & I will probably just chill. We watched Goonies for a little while this afternoon but now she's upstairs playing in her room. I think she's got Polly Pockets all over the floor. With Chris out of town, I'm sure she's going to ask if she can sleep w/ me tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I love fall too but my fav. is valentines. i know, that is weird but i love pink and hearts and sweet treats and roses too!! how did the party go? any pics? love to see them!! is Taylor going to Dalton's party? Kate is going to that one. ;)

Unknown said...

okay, so i didn't scroll far enough down to see the pictures. love them!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved