Friday, October 26, 2007

Powder Puff & Fall Festival

I can't remember the last time we laughed so hard! Today was T's middle school Powder Puff game (girls play football, boys cheer). The girls were really into the game, however, had to make a fashion statement at the same time (matching socks, bandannas, pink under armour shirts, etc.). The boys were a mess. Don't get me wrong. They cheered great and worked really hard on their half-time routine. But half the boys had hairy legs and underarm hair, the uniforms didn't zip all the way up the back and their make-up was a mess!!! ha! ha!


Taylor had a great time and had been looking forward to this game since 6th grade. Several of the boys and/or their older brothers play lax so Chris can't wait to bust their chops. A couple of the mom's have all boys, no girls so I'm sure they were excited to finally have a chance to do their little princess's hair & make-up! ha! ha!



Immediately following the football game we headed over to the elementary school for KJ's fall festival. A little chillier than in year's past. She was so excited! This year she won a cake at the cake walk! So much effort and parental support goes into the fall festival it's amazing. I am proud to say the "restaurant gift card" theme basket I organized for the silent auction sold for $180! There were some good gift cards in there: Olive Garden, Moe's, Chik-fil-A, Bright Star, Applebees, Up the Creek, Edgars Bakery, McDonalds, and a local Chinese Restaurant.

Hoover's playing Oak Mountain tonight for a play-off bid. We grabbed a pizza to eat while we were watching the game only to find out the game is NOT being televised! Go Hoover!

1 comment:

*Yankee Belle* said...

You have Rob Base as one of your songs! Love it! Oh yes, Bear Mtn...spent many Easters there!! I have yet to find a great slice yet either. Or a fab deli for pastrami on rye. =(

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved