Friday, April 10, 2009

sports update

T lost to Spain Park the other night in an exciting game which ended in double over-time. As with the boys, it's hard to cheer like a crazy person -- we knew so many girls on the other team (and their boyfriends who came to watch them play).

KJ had her first softball game last night. Her team had actually played a couple of games but she missed them due to lax or mine & Chris's trip to Vegas. I brought Trixie to the game last night and all those little kids wore the Trixster out. Can I pet your puppy? What's your puppy's name? Is your puppy a boy or a girl? Can I give her a treat? Can I hold her?

Last night Chris played Huntsville but instead of driving all the way up there, they met halfway in Cullman. The JV game went into double-overtime and ended w/ a braveheart (in all these years of watching the boys play, I've yet to see a braveheart). Varsity also won which just solidifies their undefeated season.

Chris has off today for Good Friday (which is weird because his boss is Jewish). The girls, however, do not have off today but they have off next Friday. Someone screwed up that school calendar big time.

Chris has a game tonight and KJ is bugging me to let her take a friend to the game so she's not bored (and sleep over). It looks like a gray nasty possibly rainy day out there.

KJ has a busy day Saturday -- 12 noon softball game, 3 PM lacrosse game.

We are all really looking forward to having a free Sunday for a change. I don't think I'm going to make a big traditional Easter ham dinner. We have so much we need to do in the house, I think we may just do a tray of lasagna, a big bowl of salad and a loaf of fresh bread. It's only going to be the 4 of us.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved