Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Such a wonderful, relaxing weekend despite the crappy rain Saturday morning during T's lax game. It poured and poured but she still managed to score a couple. We took 2 cars to the field and T and I ran a bunch of erands after the game. The girls are getting a bit too old for traditional Easter baskets but the Easter bunny still tries to surprise them. T really wanted a pair of Tom's so we buzzed over to Whole Foods and Mountain High Outfitter to find her size and the color she wanted. The Easter bunny brought KJ a new Kavu bag. Her old one is very small and she can't fit her DS and other things in it. We also ran to the mall for a few things and Target. T's friend Kyle met us at Target and the two of them went to Moe's for lunch. She also went to dinner and a movie with a bunch of friends Saturday night. Friday T went out to dinner with a "friend" that we've actually known for years. Funny story...he used to live here and they went to elementary school together. His family moved out of town and now goes to a different high school. They found each other on FB a while back through mutual friends and ran into each other again on Spring Break. He called and asked her to dinner. They had a good time catching up and came back to the house for a little while. Super nice, super out-going, very friendly young man.

Today we had a great family breakfast and for Easter dinner we had spiral ham, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls and T made asparagus for the first time. We've had it several times but have never made it at home. I grew up in a fairly "meat & potatoes" kind of home and Cosmo's introduction to vegetables was even more limited...he ate a lot of pasta.

T & I spent the morning getting her dance lists together. She's got studio photos and recitals coming up in the next couple of weeks and she has a 2-page list of stuff she needs for UDA camp in Tuscaloosa. We ordered some stuff on line and organized her recital costumes (she's in 5 different routines this year). She's also starting to get some of her B'nettes outfits so we organized those as well. I don't know how she keeps it all together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a nice weekend .. sorry it rained on you... I got sunburned despite my attempt to keep cover

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved