Thursday, April 15, 2010

Holy Crow!

I don't think the past couple of weeks could have been any busier. As my dad used to say, "I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger." I never knew what he meant until I got much older.

'Tis the season for lax, lots and lots of lax. KJ and I also got pedicures this week and T started Bucanette practice 2 days/week in addition to her 3 days @ the Studio and her lax commitments. I'm a little worried about her. She had a slight melt-down last night which is totally unlike her. She walked in the door really late from dance, hadn't eaten anything since lunch, had a TON of homework and Cosmo got on her back about something. She just stood in the kitchen and cried. She's the type that does not like sympathy or pity so any offers of help or encouragement are met w/ resistance. I picked her up at the high school this afternoon and took her over to the studio and during the drive I explained to her that she needs to take care of herself. She needs to know when to take a breather and when to walk away from something.

Last night KJ and I ran some errands and stopped in at Justice to get her some new spring/summer clothes. She got a pair of capri's, and I think 6 shorts/shirts outfits. We agreed on almost every purchase. A first!

Speaking of my dad....my parents will be here for the weekend. We are the lay-over on their way home from FL to PA.

Cosmo will actually be in ATL Friday and Saturday participating in the Legacy Cup. http://www.legacylacrossecup.com/ His team was invited to play this year and it's a true honor. Check out the link for the wonderful inspiration behind the Cup.

Haha. Another "speaking of my dad" . . . long story short but today I ran across a man polishing his dress shoes. Shoe polish has such a distinct smell, I immediately thought back to my childhood. I vividly remember my dad polishing his shoes everyday before going to work. That brush has a certain sound, the polish has a certain smell.....just one of things that brings back a wonderful childhood memory.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved