Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Huh?

So the new season of Dancing with the Stars has been announced:
http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/08/30/dancing-stars-season-11-bristol-situation-audrina/
I don't watch this show on a regular basis but do try to catch it every once in a while. I actually TiVo it and then fast forward thru most of it. They look pretty funny when they dance in warp speed. Actually, I don't even bother watching the "results" night when someone goes home. The casting is becoming predictable and a bit boring:

Kurt Warner -- obligatory "athlete" (last year was the Bengal's OchoCinco, previous seasons have included Evander Holyfield, Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno and football great Jerry Rice)
Florence Henderson -- obligatory "older woman" (i.e., Jane Seymour, Priscilla Presley, Chloris Leachman)
Bristol Palin -- I'm just going to put her in the WTH? category. I mean Seriously? What the Hell? The only thing this kid is "famous" for is having a DB for a baby daddy and being the offspring of a politician.
Audrina Patridge and The Situation -- the "reality TV star" (a la Trista {the very first Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant}, Kate Gosselin, Melissa Rycroft {former Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader/Bachelor contestant}, Kim Kardashian). Audrina could also fall into "the hot girl" category (see below).
Jennifer Gray -- the "has been" w/ a little bit of dancing capabilities (think Donny Osmond, Joey McIntrye from NKOTB, Joey Fatone, Aaron Carter or Nick Lachey's brother whose name I can never remember). Joing Jennifer this year is "has been" Hasselhoff. Although I can't wait to hear that crazy Bruno shout out something like "don't hassle the hoff!" during an episode!
Other than Audrina Patridge, I don't see anyone emerging as the "the hot girl" -- WWE's Stacy Keibler, Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls, Erin Andrews, Hef's old girlfriend Holly Madison, and who can forget Pamela Anderson???
If he's not careful, Michael Bolton could easily fall into "the stiff" category (Tucker Carlson, George Hamilton, Harry Hamlin, Jerry Springer and Buzz Aldrin) but I'd hope he's some got some soul after all the beautiful music he's produced over the years.
"The youngster" this year is the kid from "That's So Raven" (one year it was a kid from Hannah Montana).
And finally, no one, not even the Situation, can fill the shoes of "the hot guy" Mario Lopez. Enough said.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved