Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lots Going On

Lots of fun stuff this week and weekend. The Hoover Buccanettes were in the Birmingham News this week for their accomplishments at UDA camp. Great photo of all the girls proudly displaying their blue ribbons. The dance team also got some really cool news this week but I've been sworn to secrecy. Champ and I got some cool news this week too but can't say too much because the girls don't know yet. I hate secrets and surprises. Never liked 'em, never will.

T's friend from the dance studio, Scarlett, is representing Alabama at the Outstanding Teen pageant tonight. She won talent earlier in the week so big congrats to her! She's a lovely young lady and has worked so hard to get where she is. http://www.fourpointsmagazine.com/news/article.asp?id=922

Today was the big Hoover football game on ESPN.
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-3936384345410506724/bucs-better-byrnes/
Offensively they were a little rusty, which usually happens in the first couple of games. Defensively they were able to shut out Byrnes (which hasn't happened in 11 years or something like that). Cowboy had a great game and a couple other lacrosse players got some love. #25 took a HUGE hit that was very, very hard to watch. I actually felt like I was going to be sick. I jumped up and started pacing and KJ kept screaming "turn it off! turn it off!" when they were showing the replay. Connor's a great kid and I hope he's OK.

Last night two of Cosmo's BamaLaxers from Mt. Brook, the Cox twins, had a great game, too http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-3936390345518506968/mountain-brook-37-shades-valley-11/ Those two boys have serious wheels. I've also had one eye on our cross-town rivals Spain Park vs. Grayson (GA). The game's been a bit of a snoozer. Spain Park's players look so young and kind of smaller compared to some of the Hoover kids. Spain Park's sidelines remind me of a peewee game but I give the boys credit for getting out there considering what's been happening w/ their head coach this week.

Cosmo's up in Greenville, SC at a men's lax tournament and should be home tomorrow. The old man's still got game.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved