Saturday, January 8, 2011

What's a mother to do???


I was perfectly comfortable last night on the couch snuggled up with the heating pad and my Nook (currently reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet). About 8 PM the doorbell rang and it was a couple of T's friends. They made themselves at home and we watched the 1st half of the LSU game. Next thing I know, the doorbell rang a few more times and a few more kids came over. I moved into the bedroom and fell asleep around 11 PM. One of the boys was hungry and proceeded to make himself some eggs over easy around midnight. No problem. I really don't care. I'm glad they are comfortable in my house and feel right at home. As long as they clean up after themselves, I'm good.

Next week Cosmo & T are heading up north for T's first official college visit. The lax coach at this university saw her play at the tournament in Tampa, got a hold of her recruiting video and invited her to "Junior Day." They only asked 25 juniors from around the country to attend and I'm pretty damn sure T will be the only one from Alabama. It's an incredible DI school in an urban setting with a great communications program. We're keeping our fingers crossed but T is totally going into this with an open mind. She hasn't made up her mind yet if she wants a large university, a smaller school, a suburban setting, etc. Even if nothing comes out of this, it will be a great experience for T and truly an honor to have been invited. We are VERY, VERY, VERY proud of her.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved