Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Martins are coming! The Martins are coming!

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it's a friend with chocolate." -- Charles Dickens


This week completely flew by me. Really looking forward to the weekend. As always, it will be busy but loaded with good times and good friends.


T has a photo shoot Sunday afternoon and then has dinner plans, KJ has a game Sunday afternoon and then T has a game in the evening. I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest??


LCM and her family are stopping here for a few days on their way down to Disney for their Spring Break. Yay! So excited! I guess the last time we've seen each other was 2 summers ago when we visited them in Cincy. She's the type of friend that I don't get a chance to talk to often but when we do talk, we always pick up right where we left off. Thank goodness for Facebook, too! We do a lot of posting on each other's walls.


Had a really nice lunch with the hubster earlier in the week. I love when we have lunch together, it's nice and quiet and we really get a chance to talk and catch up. So much stuff going on, it's not even funny. He had a really, really great time in Miami at his niece's wedding (wish we all could have gone but we had already paid in full for T's Disney trip and I'm taking vacation in the summer for T's b-day and my cousins' wedding in October). Kristen looked beautiful and Champ had a nice visit with his brothers, sister, his mom and assorted nieces and one nephew.


Last month I was nominated for Associate of the Month but didn't win :-( Sounds cliche but it "really was an honor to be nominated." I had some stiff competition but had a nice time at breakfast this week and got to know a little bit more about some of the people I work with. I am always amazed at some of my co-workers. Everyone really, truly cares about one another and is proud to work there.


Tonight Coach has a lax game and is taking his team on the road this weekend. T had a game Tuesday night against Vestavia and lost by 1. It was a tough game. The refs were calling some weird, "BS" calls as my hubby would say and called back one of T's goals and one of the other T's goals. So, had those two goals counted, they would have won by 1. An inexperienced ref can really make or break a game. Despite the cruddy penalties, T still managed three solid goals (four if you count the one they took back).

Lacrosse season is winding down and I couldn't be happier. This season has really taken a toll on our entire family. Not because of the losing record, that's not a big deal. This year is a rebuilding year and everyone knew that going in. This year has been really tough as far as undisciplined players, the parents, the refs, obnoxious comments from other fans, everything. There were a lot of issues that Champ has never, ever had to deal with before and, quite honestly, the guy is a volunteer who doesn't even had a child on the team. He shouldn't have to deal with some of these things.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved