Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Proud Mama Bear (and Poppa Bear, too!)

Addendum: Holy cow! Good thing senior year only comes around once in a lifetime. I have shelled out a small fortune for T this week: graduation announcements, deposit on the Spring Trip and senior yearbook ad. I really wish school administration would learn to spread this stuff out over the course of a couple of months. It's September. Do we really need to be ordering graduation announcements and caps & gowns already?? Seriously?? Yearkbook ad? Can't we do this in January or something???

So proud of both of my girls! Even though KJ's volleyball team hasn't won a single game yet this season, she hasn't given up. It's so easy to become angry at her teammates or become complacent because she knows no one is going to be able to return the volley, but she still has been giving 110% on the court. Every week we tell her she needs to be a leader, she's the only 6th grader on her team and she needs to show the less experienced girls how its done! She had school photos today and looked so pretty when she went off to school. I like her hair long and she had on new jeans and a pair of brown mary janes w/ a slight heel (I have no idea where these shoes came from; I had never seen them before but she said she found them in her closet. Huh! Amazing what you can find in there when you clean!). I can't believe how grown up she's getting! She's so funny and sassy and keeps us in stitches. She comes up with the funniest things sometimes!


Daughter #1 has made both of her parental units very, very happy. She got her most recent ACT scores back and we are all just over the moon! She killed it. She totally killed it. Unless a wild card pops-up after her Naples tournament this fall, she's got it narrowed down to 3 schools . . . two of the schools want her for lacrosse and each of the schools is different from the others in size, location and setting. One of the school is a super large university, one is a smaller school and one is mid-size. One is up North, two are in the South. It will be very interesting to see which direction she goes. She's got some tough choices ahead of her but whatever she decides, we are incredibly proud of her!

“You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..." -- Tom Petty

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved