Thursday, November 3, 2011

Such a Dummy !!!

OMG! I totally and completely forgot to blog about THE most important event of the entire year -- The Grand Opening of Stickhead Alabama!!!



Saturday was the Grand Opening of the new store and everything was AMAZING! The store looks incredible! Twice the size of the old store, new logo, new bright colors, new merchandise, new displays. A great crowd came out to support the store and we grilled hot dogs & hamburgers in the parking lot and had lots of giveaways -- t-shirts, bands, stickers, posters, can coozies. The best part of the whole day was watching the little lax rats walk in the door and their mouths just totally drop open. I heard "WHOA!!" alot and I loved it! Very proud of Coach/Champ/Cosmo. He had a vision and carried through. This is everything he wanted to do when we first opened FaceOff four years ago but just couldn't because of size, budget and quite honestly, we had no idea what the hell we were doing!


The new store got me thinking: who are some famous folks who also played lacrosse? Here's a short list but please feel free to add:
-Foo-Fighters singer and former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl
-former WWE wrestler Mick Foley was goalie for his High School lacrosse team.
-Bill Belichick (both high school and college)
-Bob Woodruff, ABC news anchor injured in Iraq; still holds record for most points at Colgate
-John Kerry, United States Senator from Massachusetts
-Wayne Gretzkey (who was supposedly better at lacrosse than hockey)
-Actor and Activist Michael J. Fox
-Geraldo Rivera played goalie at Arizona.
-Former First Lady Jackie Kennedy Onassis
-John Tesh played at NC State when they were a varsity program

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved