Monday, March 5, 2012

Aftermath

This has got to be one of the saddest stories. An entire family lost their lives in this past weekend's storms. http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/04/10575527-toddler-found-after-twister-dies-in-hospital

And for every horrible story we read about the recent storms, there are wonderful stories of survival like this one. http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/05/10581861-tornado-drops-boy-on-highway-350-ft-from-home

We were safe & sound this past Friday during the terrible storms and hope everyone else came out OK, too! I always love having all of my "chicks" in the nest on bad weather nights. Cosmo had been in Nashville all week training for his new job. The original plan was for KJ & I drive up to NashVegas Friday night for her vball tournament and he would just switch hotels and stay with us. Well. since the weather was so bad, I didn't want to drive and Cosmo didn't want to spend another night alone in his hotel room. He was able to leave Nashville fairly early Friday and was home safe & sound by 3 PM. It was a quick weekend -- we drove up to the tournament on Saturday and drove back home on Sunday. Her games weren't supposed to start until 3 PM on Saturday but they delayed everything an hour to allow for all of us who didn't drive up Friday because of the storms. We didn't get off the court until after 9 PM Saturday night and had a great team dinner afterward! We were on the road by 10:30 AM Sunday -- she had an 8 AM game (lost both matches) and then had a 10 AM games(won both matches).

The tournament was good, we didn't play great but KJ served very well all weekend and got a significant amount of playing time. Shout outs to our other 12 year old team are in order! They went on to win 3rd place! So awesome! I always end up sitting next to a random, chatty mom at this tournaments and always love when they say it was a pleasure to play us. Some of the other teams have had bad experiences with obnoxious parents, nasty girls on the court, etc. One of the mom's from an opposing team told me they played against a team who laughed hysterically when someone couldn't get their serve over the net. So rude. We need to keep in mind these girls are 12/6th grade. We have some 5th graders on our team and we even have a 10 year old.


T-bone had an awesome weekend in Oxford. She drove out Saturday morning, met up w/ her friend at the sorority house and then went on to cheer the Rebs at the baseball game against Miami U of Ohio. They were trying to get over to the basketball game against Alabama but went out for a late lunch instead. The had a late birthday dinner for one of the other sorority sisters and had kind of an early night ("early" for T and "early" for me mean two totally different things). Which was good for T because she had the dance clinic Sunday afternoon. One of the ladies I work with knows a senior girl at Ole Miss and gave her T's number. She was so sweet and Katie & a friend took T out for breakfast Sunday morning before the clinic. She got home around 8 PM and said she is so excited to be at Ole Miss in the fall. She said this weekend totally confirmed that she made the right decision and she's so ready for high school to be over. I remember last year, around this time, T telling me, "Mom. I have senioritis so bad. Which is really bad because I'm only a junior." She's been ready to go for a while now. She's been in school for 13 years (kindergarten-12) with the same kids, in the same town and is just so ready for a change. She's still proud of her high school and went to the basketball semi-finals @ the BJCC Friday to support the boys & girls teams and I know Cosmo was sending her the girls game updates Saturday night (Go Bucs!). She is just SO ready to start the next chapter of her life.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved