Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Daughter, My Hero

Last night the Hoover Girls beat 2-time, undefeated State Champs Vestavia for the first time EVER 10 to 7! Whoop! Whoop! The field was crappy from all the rain and the boys practicing on it and several practices had been cancelled because of the weather (and it was freezing cold last night! The temps dropped big time!) but these girls hung on and played tough. Our seniors and returning girls really stepped up and took control of the game. Vestavia never really got a jump on us and the game was close all night. I think the most they were ever up was by 1 and we would respond with a quick goal to tie things back up. KrissMiss had a sick dodge-roll last night that made her two defenders look downright silly. Bates was on the draw, Tori played awesome as always. Kami, THolmes, Shuffle and KMc all got it done! So, so proud!


And, as always in my world, lax was balanced with a little dance. Due to last Friday's storms, Bnettes try-out had to be re-scheduled for last night. So, afterschool T was on hand to help w/ try-outs, left the dance room to beat Vestavia and then went back to the dance room for the traditional new member party. The senior moms help decorate the room and set up the food after try-outs. In the past, the senior girls "kidnapped" the new girls and brought them back to the school for a party. There have been administrative changes and now girls aren't allowed to drive other girls around. So, this year they hand-delivered invitations to each girl letting her know she made the squad and what time the party starts.


I was still at the high school when T and the other seniors headed out to make their deliveries. Got the call that T had a flat tire on Stadium Trace so I ran up there and got the spare and the jack out of the trunk and called Coach. In the meantime, the band director saw T in her Bnettes outfit so he stopped and then one of Hoover's finest stopped. He got the car jacked up and Cosmo arrived in time to actually change the tire and finish up. It was waaaay tooo cold and waaay tooo late to have to deal with that.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved