Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm in the Dungeon


"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." -- Mary Ann Radmacher

Taylor is having some kids over tonight and Chris & I have strict instructions to stay in the basement and not embarrass her. She didn't say anything about Kendall not embarrassing her so she'll be our little spy for the night. We'll send her upstairs for snacks and stuff. Chris ran to the video store to get them a movie. I think Kendall is in her pj's. Hope they don't run into anybody we know.

Gorgeous day today. Kendall & I had our 9 AM football game in Gardendale (Hoover youth team won). Kendall went home w/ her friend Evvy after the game and I stopped in on Chris & the boys at the store. Carpet looks good, walls look good and Chris had plenty of friends and players throughout the day to help him. He got the slatboards up and they've already started to stock inventory. Guess we're really going thru w/ this!

So the big news is I'm going to Vegas for my 40th b-day. Yay!!! Chris has his annual ASIS convention the end of September and it always falls right smack on my b-day. I think he was afraid to leave me alone on my 40th b-day. He was worried I'd drown my sorrows in a big raspberry margarita. So, grammie & pop are driving down to stay w/ the girls while we're gone Sunday thru Wednesday. Kendall is hoping grammie brings a big can of peas. NOT!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i saw kendal a couple times spying on us!
last night was so much fun though except for the part when i tripped over the curb and fell and scrapped the whole side of my leg! haha u know me! oo and i know you HAVE missed me.. you just didnt want to say it out loud!

Valerie said...

yeah ok you got me Mary Liz. I DO miss you; you're right. I just didn't want to admit it out loud and embarrass you in front of your friends.

Unknown said...

haha, mary liz, she is so cute and the visual of her tripping over the curb is funny even though it probably hurt. my dad would have been proud, the average person wouldn't have gotten up. my dad trips over everything.;)

so missed you at the game friday. are you guys going this friday? you have to. it's homecoming. wait a min. are you going to be in vegas? how fun for you. did you find a sub?

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved