Monday, September 3, 2007

We're Baaaaack

Home from our wonderful weekend in Cincinnati. The weather was absolutely perfect and we had so much fun w/ the Martins. Unfortunately, as you probably know by now, Hoover lost to Colerain in overtime in one of the most exciting football games I have ever seen. More on that later (see seperate blog posting).

We left Hoover around 2 PM Friday afternoon and arrived in Cincinnati at midnight. We stopped in Nashville on the way up and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. Saturday was the big Hoover game. The loss was the only negative of the weekend but it was a helluva game. Lisa picked me and the girls up in the parking lot of the University of Cincinnati while Dean and Zachary came into the game to watch the Moeller game w/ Chris. The girls went out for dinner and drove around Mason to show Mary Elizabeth Kings Island, the new Mason High School, etc. We all met back at the hotel to let the kids horse around in the pool. LCM hooked us up with awesome rooms and totally spoiled the girls rotten with gifts in our room upon our arrival. She is one of the most thoughtful, creative people I know. If this HR stuff doesn't work out for her, she needs to get into party planning or celebrity gift baskets!







Sunday my handsome godson had a football game (remember the name: Zachary Martin; remember the number: 25 so you can say "I knew him when"). After the game we freshened up at the Martin's and headed downtown for the big WEBN fireworks. We took a shuttle bus from the GE plant on 75. Smartest thing we did. $5 round-trip and the bus dropped us right off at the riverfront. The fireworks were incredible! We had such a good time! We had a great spot on the bank and had fun people watching before the pyrotechnics. 35 solid minutes of incredible fireworks. The kids were all so good and really enjoy each other's company. Kendall's trying to talk LCM into bringing A.G. to B'ham for her b-day in October (Kendall has this big trip planned in her little head for her b-day: drive to ATL, hit the new American Girl store, go to a Melting Pot for dinner, spend the night downtown and hit 6 Flags on Sunday). Anyhooooo, we hopped on the shuttle bus and headed back to the hotel after the fireworks. ME loved the fireworks so much and was so pumped afterwards, she looked at me & LCM and said, "Where to next, ladies???" T & ME joked all night that they wanted to see Nick Lachey (he's a Cincinnati hometown boy). When we watched the news that night, they showed him at the fireworks not far from where we were sitting! It was really funny! Chris took some video at the fireworks and will put them on YouTube so I can put them on my blog.

We met Lisa at the hotel for breakfast this morning and were on the road by 9:30 AM Eastern time. We were able to get ME home in time for Volleyball practice (I don't think she was too happy about that!). So now I have to catch up on un-packing and laundry. What's up w/ that???

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved