Friday, February 1, 2008

Save the Whales

If I have to watch that bratty snot-nosed Hayden Panitierre sobbing about the whales one more time, I'm going to shoot myself in the eye with a bb gun. She was on E! tonight talking about how she's going to decide which candidate to vote for. I don't watch Heroes and after viewing Ms. Hayden on TV tonight, I never will. According to Hayden, she has "talked to Barack extensively about the whales and since he grew up in Hawaii, he has some pretty good ideas." Yes, she called the Presidental hopeful by his first name and apparently the most pressing issue in this little girl's world is the whales. Now, I love whales just as much as the next person (I'm actually hoping to see a few of these magnificent creatures while we're in Cabo), however, I expect a little bit more from my President. If I had 5 minutes alone w/ Hilary, Rudy, Barack et al, the last thing on my mind would be the whales. The war in Iraq? Sure. National healthcare? You bet. Social Security. Definately. Tax reform. Of course. Illegal immigrants? Naturally! Whales? WTF???? This is probably the first time Ms. Hayden P is voting in a major election and she decides to talk about whales? God help us if this if the future of our country. Rather than make change at home, these celebrities choose causes which will bring them international publicity. I'm sure George Clooney really does care about the people of Darfur. But what about the people at home? What about the people in Podunck, KY that bought tickets to Ocean's 11, 12 AND 13? They're the ones enabling you to gain global recognition for your humanitarian efforts. Same goes for you Ms. Oprah Winfrey. US citizens are the ones who buy your crappy magazine and watch you pontificate daily on your show. And how did you repay them? By building a school in Africa. Nice. What about the children living below the poverty line right here in America? The ones who only survive by eating the free meals at school? The ones who live in apartments or mobile homes w/ out heat? The ones w/ alcoholic or drug addicted parents? The ones who are on welfare and will be for the rest of their lives?

I will get off my soapbox now. Thank you for letting me vent.

2 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Go you sista! I agree 100% I am sick and tired of celebs using their star power to try to save everyone but Americans...when did being American become so horrible???

Unknown said...

i heart u!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved