Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Granola



Good morning.
Start your day off right; think happy thoughts.
The scripture says, "guard you heart with all diligence; for out of it flows the issues of life."
In other words, whatever you are intensely emotional about you will experience in your world.
God is Love,
Rev Run

Good morning.
Take time to slow down and smell the roses!
Life satisfaction is more likely for those with a steady stream of minor accomplishments than for those who express interest only in major accomplishments.
Slooow down :-)
God is Love,
Rev Run

Sitting here w/ my cup of tea and my pop-tarts watching the Today Show. Martha Stewart is doing a feature on handmade Mother's Day gifts. She's suggesting homemade granola. Granola? You're kidding me, right? No offense, but if Chris & the girls give me homemade granola as my Mother's Day gift I'd flip. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for diamonds or furs. A simple card is nice, some flowers, a gift card somewhere. But granola? No freakin' way. I think my family knows me and loves me a little better than that.

Chris has been in Dallas since Monday and comes home late tonight. So I've been doing the morning school run. The middle school starts a few minutes earlier than the elementary school so I drop T off first, then KJ. KJ hates this line-up and wants to be dropped off first. Just to shut her up, today I pulled into my friend Julie's neighborhood, opened the door and told KJ to walk the rest of the way (there's a path from the street straight to the elementary school). I drove really, really slowly and made sure the crossing guard saw her.

Busy night again tonight -- T has to be @ the high school to pick up some of her dance stuff that has come in, she has a lax end-of-season party and Hip-Hop at 7:30 PM. KJ has a 5:30 PM Softball game. I can't wait for T to start driving herself around.

I was flippin' channels late last night and started watching Braveheart w/ Mel Gibson. Mel made some pretty good movies before he got all wacky.

Not choice, but habit rules the unreflecting herd. --William Wordsworth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am really getting ready for kate to drive herself around too! totally agree with you, mel made some good movies before his old age set in. also, i'm loving the beach picture and your rev run quotes!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved